Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service
Create your EKS Cluster using the Getting Started Guide.
Possible steps are the following:
- Create new IAM role for cluster management.
aws configureto authorize your
AWS Access Key IDand
AWS Secret Access Key.
- Create an example cluster:
eksctl create cluster \ --name prod \ --version 1.20 \ --nodegroup-name standard-workers \ --node-type t3.medium \ --nodes 3 \ --nodes-min 3 \ --nodes-max 4 \ --node-ami auto
NoteEKS does not use the normal Kubernetes networking since it is incompatible with Amazon VPC networking.
Allowing UDP Traffic
For Agones to work correctly, we need to allow UDP traffic to pass through to our EKS cluster worker nodes. To achieve this, we must update the workers' nodepool SG (Security Group) with the proper rule. A simple way to do that is:
- Log in to the AWS Management Console
- Go to the VPC Dashboard and select Security Groups
- Find the Security Group for the workers nodepool, which will be named something like
- Select Inbound Rules
- Edit Rules to add a new Custom UDP Rule with a 7000-8000 port range and an appropriate Source CIDR range (
0.0.0.0/0allows all traffic)
- Continue to Install Agones.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.
Last modified September 20, 2021: Update the helm template command to match what is used in `make gen-install`. (#2265) (13729fd)