Installing Agones on Azure Kubernetes Service using Terraform
az utility by following these instructions.
The example of AKS submodule configuration could be found here: Terraform configuration with Agones submodule
module.tf file into a separate folder.
Log in to Azure CLI:
Configure your terraform:
Create a service principal and configure its access to Azure resources:
az ad sp create-for-rbac
Now you can deploy your cluster (use values from the above command output):
terraform apply -var client_id="<appId>" -var client_secret="<password>"
Once you created all resources on AKS you can get the credentials so that you can use
kubectl to configure your cluster:
az aks get-credentials --resource-group agonesRG --name test-cluster
Check that you have access to the Kubernetes cluster:
kubectl get nodes
- log_level - possible values: Fatal, Error, Warn, Info, Debug (default is “info”)
- cluster_name - the name of the AKS cluster (default is “agones-terraform-example”)
- agones_version - the version of agones to install (an empty string, which is the default, is the latest version from the Helm repository)
- machine_type - node machine type for hosting game servers (default is “Standard_D2_v2”)
- disk_size - disk size of the node
- region - the location of the cluster
- node_count - count of game server nodes for the default node pool (default is “4”)
- feature_gates - a list of alpha and beta version features to enable. For example, “PlayerTracking=true&ContainerPortAllocation=true”
- gameserver_minPort - the lower bound of the port range which gameservers will listen on (default is “7000”)
- gameserver_maxPort - the upper bound of the port range which gameservers will listen on (default is “8000”)
- gameserver_namespaces - a list of namespaces which will be used to run gameservers (default is
["default"]). For example
["default", "xbox-gameservers", "mobile-gameservers"]
- force_update - whether or not to force the replacement/update of resource (default is true, false may be required to prevent immutability errors when updating the configuration)
Uninstall the Agones and delete AKS cluster
Run next command to delete all Terraform provisioned resources:
Details on how you can authenticate your AKS terraform provider using official instructions
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.
Last modified September 20, 2021: Update the helm template command to match what is used in `make gen-install`. (#2265) (13729fd)